10 For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
Each time the children of Israel moved with the cloud, there was a destination for them. Wherever the cloud stopped, there they pitched their tents. Following God’s Spirit takes you to a destination. Without a destination in the mind of God, following His Spirit becomes a circle of chaos. That‘s why Paul said he didn’t run like one beating the air or fight like one without a target or a destination (1 Corinthians 9:24-26).
One of the meanings of the word, lead, is to bring to the point of destination. The word “bringing” in Hebrews 2:10 is the same word translated as “led” in Romans 8:14 which says, “For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.” Every destination that following God’s Spirit leads you into is a destination of glory.
• It is a destination of glory where God has led you to the point where you now forgive anybody of anything, but before you were plagued with an unforgiving heart.
• It is a destination of glory where you can give anything for the kingdom of God and you have sufficiency in all things and abound unto every good work.
• It is a destination of glory where you learn to love yourself for who you are and you can see that there is something unique and special about you.
• It is a destination of glory where you can love your wife unreservedly as Christ loves the church, where before you had felt that all women were the same and that no woman should be loved.
• It is a destination of glory where you are truly a submissive wife, but before you said you would never submit to any man because you had been abused.
• It is a destination of glory where you can trust somebody you never knew just because you came into a good church and you sat under a real pastor and you can now tell him the world’s best kept secret: the story of your life.
Confession: Lord, as I follow Your Spirit, I know I am bound for a destination of glory!